Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Measuring Big For Date

I was 34 weeks and 5 days along yesterday.  Went to my OB appointment for a routine check up.  After sitting half-naked under one of those paper "blankets," aka tablecloths, for what seemed like an hour, I finally saw the midwife.  After going over my birthplan and telling me to scrap it and leave it at home....to avoid ticking off the nurses at the hospital...she listened to James's heartbeat and measured my fundal height.  She looks at me and asks, "Have you been measuring big all along?"  She didn't have my history in front of her.  The office recently switched to an electronic system, and she forgot to bring in her laptop.  Since they haven't said anything about me measuring big and haven't told me my fundal height...I figured I wasn't having any problems.  So, she scheduled me for an ultrasound on Monday after telling me that I was measuring 38 weeks.  Only a smidge ahead......note the hint of sarcasm.  Also, I had a round of bloodwork....again...to determine what could be causing this intense itching I've been having for a week now.  Hoping we'll FINALLY get some sort of results back that can pinpoint the the cause, and we can deal with it from there.

Adding to that, I had a dental appointment yesterday morning and learned I would need my wisdom teeth removed after James is born due to cavities.  Yay.  They are sending me to an oral surgeon, and my insurance doesn't cover anesthesia when the wisdom teeth are above the gumline.  Joy of joy....not to mention they only cover 50% of the procedure, and they only cover $1200 in a fiscal year.  Hoping the fiscal year ends right after my wisdom teeth are removed so I can get these fillings done...and my 6-month cleaning done.  Tired of having dental setbacks.  I finally have time to get my teeth taken care of without fear of losing my job....and now insurance is a problem.  Go figure.

Oh, well.  Jay returned to work today, and the munchkin and I are headed to the commissary for grocery shopping. Hoping not to spend a fortune, but we always seem to.  I still have some stuff I have to get for myself before James comes, and we've been putting it off and putting it off.....and I'm getting really frustrated. So ready for this baby to get here so life can begin to normalize again.  :)

On a good note, I get to see Mom for Thanksgiving!!  :)  We're making the trip to the beach to spend Thanksgiving with her, my stepdad, some family and friends.  :)  Hoping James holds out another couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment