Monday, November 21, 2011

I'll Take the Pregnancy With a Side of Stress, Please

Had my ultrasound, NST and group B strep test this morning.  James is now transverse...hopefully that means he's turning.  He also is measuring about 6 lbs, 15 oz.  He didn't want to wake up for the NST, so the OB referred me to L&D for a repeat NST after lunch.  Apparently, they also do GBS tests differently at this office.  Instead of swiping the swab up and down the nether parts, she stuck them in places they weren't meant to go.  Joy.  It was not a pleasant experience....along with that, she decided to pick at my brain through my cervix again.  1 cm and very thick, by the way.

Jay, doc and I had an honest discussion about cholestasis and early induction.  She's all for inducing on December 2.  I'll be 37 weeks, 2 days.  On top of that, I have to leave from Mom's earlier than planned this weekend just so I can go back to L&D for a repeat NST.  I now have to have them twice a week until I'm induced.  Also, I get another ultrasound on Monday...along with yet another NST.  If he is still sideways or breech, they will be scheduling a version and an induction for Friday, December 2...or so that was the game plan when I left the office.

After eating lunch and going to L&D, spoke with another OB in the practice.  He agreed with the whole game plan but wanted to speak with a doctor at ECU (East Carolina University) for more information regarding bile salt levels and early induction.  The doc at ECU said he doesn't go by the bile salt levels because they aren't really indicative of anything.  He performs an amniocentesis at 37 weeks, and if the lungs are mature, then he induces.  Oh, and Urso is crap...apparently, it doesn't lower the bile salt levels, but it's supposed to reduce the itch.  Great.  So, now, I have to discuss the amniocentesis with the doc on Monday when I go in for my appointment.

I haven't been home since about 9 this morning.  Jay took Ella with him to work after my appointment because they don't allow children under 12 in L&D.  She barely got a nap today.  He told me she fell asleep in the car on the way to his work, and he even got her into the stroller asleep....but, OF COURSE, a Howitzer went off, and the loud blast woke her up...about 30-45 minutes into her nap.  Hoping she hasn't been a complete butthead.

As if all of that wasn't bad enough, I got pulled over on the way home...for expired registration...on Jay's vehicle.  Thankfully, the police officer was really nice.  He cited me and let me go.  Told me to get Jay to get the registration taken care of, and if I go to court on January 13, the ticket would be dismissed.  Yay.

If I wasn't pregnant, I think I would deserve an adult beverage right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment