Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Can I have a do over, please?

Remember how I said I was going to get all this stuff done today before my mom came?  Yeah....that didn't happen.

The dogs kept me up most of the night chewing their butts and licking themselves.  We even drugged them with Benedryl, but it didn't help.  Plus, I was sweating to death and burning up.  The joys of being pregnant.  You are the human inferno.

This morning, after going to the bathroom, I noticed some of my mucus plug coming out.  So, I called the doctor's office and basically begged to keep my appointment for 10 am tomorrow instead of coming in....but of course, I had to go in to be checked. "Just come on in.  It's not busy, so it won't take long."  Yeah...

I get there at 10:30ish, but I didn't get to leave until about 12:45 because they converted to an electronic system, and the system was all messed up.  I was expecting Mom to arrive around 12:30.  Go figure.

Anyway.  I haven't gained any weight in 2 weeks.  YAY for me.  :)  They weren't concerned about that, and neither am I.  James is doing well.  Moving quite nicely.  He's still breech.  They aren't going to worry about it until 36 weeks.  If he's still breech, then they will attempt a version.  I am praying for no C-Section.  I do NOT want a CS at all if I can help it.

They checked me, and it was the worst cervical check I have ever experienced in my life.  It felt like the doc was trying to poke my brain through my cervix.  She said I was dilated 1 cm on the outside, but the inside of my cervix was nice and closed.  So, that's good.  Pelvic rest until 34 weeks, but everything looks good.  They said the dilation is normal for being a second-time mom.

Of course, the whole time I'm there, Ella was screaming and being a butt.  I gave her some ibuprofen when we got home.  I think she's still teething.  Mom was here, of course.  She was sweet enough to wash the dishes and fold Ella's clothes for me.  I made a pork roast for dinner, which was absolutely delicious!!!  Soooooooooo tender and yummy!!  Even made some banana nut bread for dessert, and it was everything I hoped it would be.  :)

I'm going to go make a carrot cake for my grandmother, now.  Jay i about to bathe Ella, and we're just going to relax.  So glad to have my mom here for the rest of the week.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment