Friday, October 19, 2012

Time to Play Catch Up...Again

I am so sorry that I haven't been posting regularly. No excuses or reasons. I'm just lazy, and ADD, and I forgot.

I went to the surgeon on the 12th. He was pushing 80, had a hunchback, and could barely hear. And he walked with a slow, shuffling gait. I wasn't impressed. Basically, he said he couldn't figure out why the hospital referred me to him as he didn't see anything wrong with my gallbladder. Not sure if it was age-related vision problems, or genuinely nothing wrong. He wanted to run more tests and send me to a gastroenterologist. I declined. I'm not having anymore symptoms, so nothing would really show up on the tests anyway. Been down that road. Besides, do I really want an 80-year old surgeon cutting me open? That's a scary thought. No offense to anyone in their 70's, but there comes a time when you should put down a scalpel and stick to the administrative side of things. Yes, I just made some ageist remarks, but I don't care. The fact of the matter is that your brain just doesn't function at the speed as the rest of your body, or as it used to for that matter, the older you get. And when it comes to life and death situations, I'd rather have a younger, quicker doctor working on me. Just saying.

Finally got Ella's costume put together. She is going as a fairy for Halloween this year. Mom was sweet enough to send me some cute clothes for the kids, and among them was a set of black PJ's for James with a glow-in-the-dark skeleton body on them. So, he's going as a skeleton. lol It works.

The Marine Corps Ball is coming up, and I have to find a dress. I haven't gone since the year before I got pregnant with Ella. Wow. Mom is watching the kids, and then she is taking Ella to stay with her for about a week. This is the first time she's going to be gone from me for anything length of time. I'm kind of, ok more than a little nervous. I need the break, though. So, this should be a good thing. :)

Found out Jay's deployment is now going to be about 8 months. Trying not to think about it. Its really overwhelming, though. I love him. Can't stand being away from him. It's not just having the kids by myself. I can do that. He's my soulmate, though. So, I worry about him. A lot. I worry about his blood pressure and make sure it's always under control. I worry about his safety being over there with all that's going on. I just want him to be home, and be safe. You know what's more frustrating? He's got this degree in criminal justice and has talked about working for a police department when he retires. Not sure I could take the stress. He says its a last resort. I really hope he finds something else. I really do.

This is a mindless rambling post. I am in a bit of pain at the moment. My neck has been hurting for a month, and now my shoulder and back are following suit. Tried heat, ibuprofen, pain meds, new pillow, stretching, massage....nothing has helped. It just hurts. Had a migraine/tension headache combo a few days ago. Think it was brought on from the neck pain. That was pretty darn miserable. Haven't had one like that in a long while.

Anyway. I do hope everyone else is doing well. :) I'm going to go spend some time with the kiddos while they are still young. :) James is pulling up and getting into everything. Ella's as clumsy as every and running into stuff all the time. I think it's because she's not looking where she's going. She's so smart, though. Knows the alphabet song now. She can count 1-10. She knows her left from her right. She knows the sounds most letters make. Its amazing to see her learning something new on a daily basis. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment